Monday, June 8, 2009

It's Vacation Time!

Well almost time. We are taking off this Friday for vacation - heading the happiest place on Earth. :)

A week vacation in sunny Florida, with a few days visits to Disney World. If you have read the about me section of my website, (or know me) you know that I spent a semester working as a photography intern for Disney during my college years. My husband also worked as a Marketing intern there during the same time period, so Disney has a special place in our heart. We both met some of our best friends during that experience. Two of Rory's roomies were groomsmen during our wedding, one of my roommates was the photographer of the wedding, and at least 6 of the great friends we met there attended the wedding. Not only did I meet some of my best friends, but I met some of the best photographers I know. Many of us still keep in touch as we are embarking on our photography careers, creating a powerful network of photography knowledge. We come from near and far: Florida, Lousiana, Arkansas, New York, Maryland, Washington, Illinois, Minnesota, South Carolina - just to name a few. Needless to say, that experience was a valuable and fun part of my life, that I still treasure to this day.

So although my experience vacationing is quite different, it's so nice to walk into the doors of Magic Kingdom (or more appropriately Epcot) and relive those special moments of my past life. It also helps that I know some of the 'tricks' on the best spots to take castle pictures, the best times to catch certain characters, and what shows we just have to see. This year I'm taking my husband, my 2 year old daughter, my cousin, her husband, and their 3 1/2 year old daughter. I think this will be a different experience, because we will be experiencing the parks on our daughters' level. We will be hitting every ride and exhibit they can ride and see. But it's okay - because really it's just an excuse for me to ride my favorites without looking like a complete fool (not that it has stopped me before!)

I'm sure I will be sharing many of the moments of our trip - be watching for them!

No comments: