Monday, May 10, 2010

Char and Mike - Married (In Mexico)

What a day this was. A day 20 years in the making. A gorgeous day on the beaches of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - perfect for the wedding ceremony of Mike and Char. To say the day was wonderful would be an understatement. As my first destination wedding, I have to say it definitely set the standard for many more to come. 

It was such a great pleasure not only to be able to photograph this joyous occasion, but to be in the presence of so many wonderful and friendly people. The happy couple had friends and family from afar, as well as friends and family made in Puerto Vallarta in attendance (and even a few friends made on the airplane ride down. :) ) The atmosphere was such of genuine happiness - all around. I am beyond honored as the one chosen to document Char and Mike's day. Enjoy your sneak peek!



Such a beautiful bride


Ceremony location - before guests arrived





BEAUTIFUL - the flowers, the view, the bride and groom



Love this!


Picture at sunset

Bridal Party!





the bride with her mother - such a sweet moment
Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your day! I wish you both nothing but ultimate happiness from here on out.


And for a few fun photos of us in action - captured by husband, Rory (my assistant for the day) and the bride's nephew, Andrew Mitchell.

This was shot by Rory. He normally gets these faces from me. :)

That's a photographer who gets down and dirty. Notice my sand covered knees. 

That's what I'm talking about - getting the man to do some work! :)

That's us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda...you're only getting better! Wish I could figure out how to capture the magic like you do...that's what make you a pro and me, well, less than an amateur.

can't wait to see what you do next!! :)

Alicia